The Board supports the work of Carried To Full Term and provides mission-based leadership, strategic governance, and financial sustainability support. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight
The primary role and responsibilities of Carried To Full Term’s board include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate and be an advocate of our mission and purpose. Board members must clearly define and articulate Carried To Full Term’s mission, accomplishments and goals.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization.
- Serve on committees, Perform responsibilities through regular meetings and take on special assignments.
- Partner with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Explore and determine beneficial financial resources for the purpose of fulfilling our mission
- Ensure annual budget and other financial decisions are made on a timely basis.
- Adhere to boundaries set and in accordance with the organization’s Bylaws and Operating agreement. Refrain from engaging in the day to day operations of the organization and do not exchange phone numbers with residents.
- Maintain a professional and amicable relationship with the staff.
- Actively participate in meetings. Be well-prepared and ready to engage in thoughtful dialogue.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of Carried To Full Term’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
Click here to complete an application Carried To Full Term’s board members are elected by the full board of directors for a two-year term, but can also be appointed throughout the year. Interested candidates must complete an application. The completed application and/or nominated candidates can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants will be vetted by our board members. Board members serve without pay
Belinha is one of the babies currently living with her mom at Carried To Full Term. She is very playful, kind, and loves attention.